Monday 13 April 2020

Derek


Derek is my entry for the Scribblers writing competition, it was written  to follow on from the first three paragraphs ending with "swung myself inside" which was provided for us, the Scribblers group, by last years winner Steve Puttick . I gained a Highly Commended for my entry, as did fellow Scribbler Helen for her work. I have to say it is a wee bit racey, those of a delicate disposition should look away, and it is definitely not for the under 16 year olds! 
111 words.

Derek
“Keep the change” I said as I alighted from the taxi. I stood there clutching my over-night bag, daunted by the ornate front of the building.
I squared my shoulders, walked towards the revolving door and swung myself inside.
It was dark already and being old and foolish I was in a hurry.
The hotel was just as beautiful as ever, with immaculate marble floor tiles leading to a shiny reception desk. A magnificent floral arrangement formed the centre piece to the foyer and around it were several comfortable leather Chesterfield sofas and armchairs. I walked briskly in my red slender heels to the reception desk and was greeted and given my room key immediately.
“It’s lovely to see you again Miss Hart, do have a good evening” said the young man at the desk.
Ostensibly I was there for a two day seminar on the Fruit Bat and its Environment, by Derek Demetri.
But the reality was bad, I was meeting Derek again, lying to my husband and my three daughters just so I could spend a blissful weekend with the love of my life.
My over-night bag was small, just enough room for a couple of silk negligees, one black the other red with fine lace trimmings, some deep red lipstick along with other essential items of make-up, stockings and suspender belts, perfumes and the skimpiest pairs of knickers I could find.
I needed him so badly, I got goose pimples just contemplating the forthcoming night, he would be waiting in our room, with curtains drawn, pouring Champagne while loosening his tie, next to the bunch of roses he had just brought for me.
We were perfect together. Derek was married too, of course, his family were nice enough, but his wife had lost interest in him, he said he was lonely at home, she was out every night to one club or another. That weekend she was staying at her brother’s house for his daughter’s twenty first birthday party.
His touch on my neck.....
My lips on his skin......
The scent of the roses......
Sweat and pleasure.......
I reached our room, and dipped the entry card into its slot, I was already kicking off my high heels in anticipation, as the lock released,
His lips on my feet....
His tongue licking my long smooth legs as he tugs on my knickers, his muscles as he carries me to the bed, a luxury king size four-poster, the smell of his cologne mingles with his sweat and the fresh silk sheets.
I kept myself trim for him, my husband Carl didn’t notice, he’s far too busy in the garage building his latest kit car, only happy when plastered with engine oil and playing with his nuts.
We had met ten years ago, my boss had sent me to one of his seminars it was called Bats, Ecology of their environments and its effect on bat diseases and health.
Derek was a world expert on bats and I was a Bat keeper at London Zoo, so we had plenty to talk about.
He invited me back to his room afterwards, it was a cold dark December evening, snow was settling outside our hotel, he had warm brandy and mince pies, who could resist? It was suggested that Derek knew so much about bats because he was a vampire. His sallow face, black hair and tall lean physique seemed to confirm what was whispered about him. Maybe I should have heeded the warning signs. But I was drawn to him and nothing could cut the cords of my attraction to him.
I didn’t take long to fall for his animal magnetism; his hot blooded maleness enveloped me in a new confidence, especially in bed! Suddenly I was no longer the shy wife who thought of England until it was over, I became a she wolf, a raging lioness, he had unleashed my inner tigress and nothing could stop me from wanting more!
So, the room was immaculate when I arrived, but within an hour there were clothes everywhere, a trail mainly from the door to the bed, the duvet and counterpane in a crumpled heap next to the bed.
Derek’s hot blooded ardour knew no bounds, when I thought we were all done, when I thought my desire was totally spent, he turned me over, our bodies reuniting with heat and lust renewed, then I screamed with ecstasy as he ran his tongue up my spine all the way to the nape of my neck, there he latched on a passionate love bite, teasing and sucking the thin delicate flesh there, sending tingles all over my body, how could he have such an effect on me? Such heightened desire moved me to cry out for more, I turned over to face him, he nibbled my shoulder tenderly he was pushing buttons that I thought had been turned off years ago. He poured champagne over my breasts and licked it off, so slowly that I screamed with delight. When he was done, I said “I want to give you a love bite too, my darling”
He licked the last drop of champagne off my right breast and gestured towards his strong, sinuous, neck, bending his head to one side so I could get clear access to it, his muscled arms open and inviting me to do my worst, his thick sensuous lips parted in a dreamy smile.
Tenderly my lips met his flesh, I could do nothing but bite him it was inevitable, my love affairs always ended badly no matter how hard I tried to make them work.
At that point in time, for me, the room seemed to vanish, vaguely I could hear Derek screaming as he tried to push me off, sadly for him his beautiful human muscles could never be strong enough to repel somebody like me, a four hundred year old vampire in the prime of her immortal life. I latched on to his neck, drinking in his delightful chocolaty pulse. Nothing else mattered.
The next thing I knew Carl my old man was pulling me off Derek’s body. Carl had followed me, but his intervention was only to save me, it was too late for poor Derek. We left discreetly by silently flying out of the bedroom window together, before the emergency services were summoned.
Derek’s husk of a handsome body lay lifeless under a single silk sheet, there were drops of blood like raspberry stains around his collar bone, or maybe even a ruby necklace, and on his neck were twin puncture wounds, left dry and white and bloodless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment